About VoteVets.org PAC
About VoteVets.org PAC The mission of VoteVets.org Political Action Committee is to elect Veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to public office; hold public officials accountable for their words and actions that impact America’s 21st century servicemembers; and fully support our men and women in uniform.
A political action committee (PAC), VoteVets.org was founded in January 2006 by Iraq war Veterans Jon Soltz and Jeremy Broussard. Since its inception, VoteVets.org PAC has endorsed eight candidates for office – both Democratic and Republican. Additionally, VoteVets.org PAC held 11 Members of Congress accountable in 2006 for failing to provide body armor and healthcare to active servicemembers.
VoteVets.org PAC Goals and Strategies
VoteVets.org PAC has three primary goals:
- Elect Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans to public office – regardless of party. The war in Iraq is the number one issue facing the nation, and these 21st century patriots are the only ones with personal experience in America’s most recent conflicts. Theirs is a voice desperately needed in the debate.
- VoteVets.org PAC encourages donations to endorsed candidates through constant and proactive actions that highlight our candidates.
- VoteVets.org PAC makes the maximum allowable contribution to each of our endorsed candidates.
- VoteVets.org PAC supports our endorsed candidates in the media.
- Oppose public officials who have failed our troops, Veterans, and nation on matters regarding the war and Veterans’ issues.
- VoteVets.org PAC exposes the records of the most egregiously incompetent public officials. Whether it is the failure of key Members of Congress to ask the most urgent and difficult questions on the war or those whose votes have hurt our nation’s Veterans, VoteVets.org PAC will hold a spotlight on the record for all Americans to see.
- VoteVets.org PAC is building an organization to fight for Veterans in the future.
- VoteVets.org PAC continues to enhance its credibility by researching, and disseminating, all government actions that impact our nation’s newest servicemembers and Veterans.
- VoteVets.org PAC will continue to be a strong advocate for legislation that fully supports our troops, military families and Veterans.